Sunday, 16 October 2011

Internet Woe

I have been having vair internet problemoes lately, and its vair annoying!

So here is a belated update of some pic-a-tures I made recently:


I was was feeling an 80's vibe recently...not sure why, but I had a sudden strong urge to cut "Totally Rad" out of paper. Odd.

Oh, and then I decided to make a tacky animated GIF, because the word "RAD" was meant to be neon yellow, but for some reason my scanner was being an arse and decided to make it white. Damn yooou scanner!

Anyway, look, tacky flashy!

Photobucket

(That gives me a headache looking at it...)

Here's another pic I made, inspired by Dizzee Rascal. I think I may do a series of music-related prints at some point...


Lyrics: Dizzee Rascal "Fix Up, Look Sharp"

And another music-y one! Show it respect!



And finally, this one's also music related! Marina and the Diamonds, yay!

 I really relate to this song. I know its ok to have a average life and an average job, so long as you're happy. And I am happy! But I do get frustrated because I'm scared I will never achieve what I really want (which is to be an illustrator).  That's what would make me really really happy! So I am determined to try.
Lyrics: Marina and the Diamonds "Are You Satisfied?"

I tried to make this one look really organic and flowing to give a feeling of positivity/moving forward/growth. God, that sounds cheesy, sorry! 

I just didn't want the words to sound smug, like they are having a go at people who lead happy, normal lives. That's not the intention. The intention is for them to get people to think about what they really want in life and have the courage to do something about trying to achieve whatever it is they are after (if they don't already have it) If they are already perfectly content with everything they have, then good for them! I salute you, lucky people!




No comments:

Post a Comment