Sunday, 18 September 2011

Words o' Wise-nosity...

I don't know if you remember the song 'Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen)' but I really like it! It is full of good advice, one piece of which I decided to illustrate yesterday, in paper-cut-lettering styyyyle!
"Do not read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly." -Baz Luhrmann 
I vair agree with this. It is the main reason I have stopped reading crappy mags like Cosmo and Glamour. They make me depressed! Plus the fact that they just regurgitate the same old things about sex and dieting and fashion and beauty tips. 

Which doesn't interest me much anymore. Or ever did.

I do, however, keep my old ones for cutting-up purposes, so they do have their uses.

I did recently discover a magazine called 'oh comely' which is really good! It is quirky and interesting, with a focus on being creative and thinking about the world, as well as being beautifully designed with gorgeous photography. I love! It cost me £4.00 from WHSmith (or 'wuh-smith' as I used to call it when I was a young'un)

(prettttyyy)
Anyway, back to 'Do not read beauty magazines...'

 Here are all the letters I cut out arranged on my (extremely messy) desk!

You can see on my laptop that I was watching a Laura Marling Youtube video...I really should turn my laptop off when I work, it makes me procrastinate!


Note: excess paper, laptop too far away to reach, broken mobile phone, water bottle (which I rarely drink from as I like to avoid trips to the bathroom), trusty pair o' scissors, plate o' crumbs.

And here is the final scanned-in, edited version:

Please let me know if you think it looks dirty or whatnot, as I seem to be having issues where things looks nice when I'm editing them on my laptop, but then when I've uploaded them and look at them on a different computer screen they can look HORRID!

Makes me a sad/mad panda...

Aaaaaand, I managed to do a second picture yesterday! This never happens! I actually did this one first but for some reason I am talking about them in the wrong order. Such is the logic of my brain.

I am a bit obsessed with inspiring/happy words atm! I think I'm trying to convince myself that one day I will be making money from cutting up random bits of paper... "o__o"




So yeeeah, Don't be afraid! Do what you love! Reach for the stars!

And calm.

P.S: If you'd like to re-live the brilliance of the song "Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen)" then watch it on: Youtube I actually hadn't seen the video before, its cute!

P.P.S: I have a Tumblr! I am using it for random funny images/videos/things that have happened to me. Feel free to visit: here!

2 comments:

  1. i love that song my brother played it to me years ago and it made us cry!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I know, such a good song, the words are so true! I can see why you and your brother would feel like that :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete