Saturday, 13 August 2011

Living Room Spruce-Up

So recently (in February) I moved into a cute little house with Jason, my other half. And since then, as I am allergic to wall colours that are not to my taste, we have decorated a few rooms. I thought you might like to see what madness I have unleashed on the living room...

The living room is my favourite place to be, as I am quite a hermit and I enjoy lounging around, so I wanted it to be cosy and modern with all of my loved books and nik-naks on display (not the crisps)

This is what it looked like before:


I loved the wooden floor and little wood burner! It was exactly the sort of thing I wanted but thought we could never get because we were/are too poor! 



I actually do quite like the way they had decorated it, it was very family country-style, quite cute. But obviously once their chairs and stuff was gone it looked a bit lonely:


Soooo, we painted it in a gorgeous deep blue colour and varnished the floor. I was a bit dubious at first about choosing blue because I usually think its too cold a colour, but Crown had this gorgeous shade and I knew it would look warm and pretty. I wanted to paint the radiator too, as well as the skirting boards and high picture rail. The parents were shocked by this! "Are you mad? It will be far too dark!" But it makes it look modern and gorgeous, and I chose to paint the sticky-out central wood burner wall in a white colour, so that brightens it up. I think?

Well, I love it anyway!



That's a 3d cardboard stag on the wall, isn't he cool?!



I like silly cushions! The lights around the mirror were from my friend Gemma :)


These are some of my piccies! I like having random-sized frames. I want MORE!


^These letter wall-art things are made of metal, and are from Urban Outfitters. I wanted "bonjour" but could only afford "HI" So sad...


^Jason bought me this for Christmas! It an original drawing by Lee May Foster-Wilson (Bonbi Forest) http://www.bonbiforest.com/


^This one's by me! :)




^So's this one!


^Gemma Correll is my favourite! http://www.gemmacorrell.com/


^This tiny frame was from a Christmas cracker last year! I love it!


^Jeffrey Fulvimari (Bobbypin) http://www.jeffreyfulvimari.com/eng/


^John William Waterhouse (Pre-Raphaelite) My taste is art is varied, you may notice...


These bookcases were left by the previous owners. They were in the upstairs office room, but me and Jason brought them down, as I thought they would look good in this corner. We nearly killed ourselves trying to get them down the stairs. But now we have a library! (Shush, its a library! A library that rival's Belle's library in the Beast's castle for sure!)




^This scares Jason.


^Some of my (and Jason's) Booky-wooks.

Finally, this is unrelated, but who doesn't want to see a picture of my calender for this year?! 

...that's what I thought!:


^I really WANT a pug!!!

God, that must have bored you. it bored me! Sorry peeps...


1 comment:

  1. I helped make the stag!and in have some original michelle art work on my walls!and I can personally say your room is lovely and I am quite jealous!love you xx lauren xx

    ReplyDelete